Thursday, January 10, 2008

Where does your motivation com from?

So I have been thinking a lot about motivation lately. Where does your motivation come from? Where do you pull it from? What helps you succeed in all that you do? I love to read motivating quotes and reflect on them(I know big surprise there). But other than that how can I stick to my goals? How can I reach my goals? What is different this time than that last, and the one before that?

How many diets have I been on? How many times have I lost the weight? How many times have I put it back on? How is this time going to be different? Very easy! I am making a life style change. That means, eating right. Getting rid of temptation in my house. My next step once i have that one under control is to stop eating after 7:00 in the evening. That is a biggie. Finally eating smaller, more frequent meals.

Eating is only one step. I now have to worry about adding in exercise. That is easier said than done. If I get on a roll and go, then I feel great and I do it, but when I give up or have to miss a day for what ever reason that maybe, that is the hard part. How can I keep myself accountable? Friends. Online friends. My in person friends. This blog. I know that I have to look at my friends when I don't show up to work out and say, sorry I could not be there and give them a good reason why I could not be there. I hate doing that.

So my motivation that I need right now is strong friends that will hold me accountable for all that I do. Ones that are going to question when I am not there and ones that will make me think twice so that I show up even on the days I just don't want to get out of bed!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you, sister! We need each other in this fight for good health.

Yvonne
http://yvonneperry.blogspot.com