Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas - Motivational Moment 12-25-07

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

- Church billboard in Kentucky


I used to think that it means more to be important. I would look to do things that would make me important. I would seek out different tasks that would make me important to others. I thought that the more important you were meant the more loved you were, and the more your life was worth. I was sadly wrong!

I was so wrong. While I think it is great to feel important. There are times that it is nice and it is great to be important, there is something that meas so much more! It is important to be nice to everyone. It can be just as easy as smiling at someone who is down. I know if someone smiles at me and I don't want to smile it is so hard not to smile back! It is so easy to send a smile out! It can be as easy as helping someone that is having a hard time. You can let someone else have the close parking spot. You can help someone get something that they can not reach. There is so much you can do to be nice, that does not cost anything, it just is nice to help it out!!!!

No comments: